The name Patient’s Friends Society (P.F.S) started in Hebron in 1976 as a non- governmental non-profit and non- political organization interested in health services in the Southern Part of the West Bank ( Hebron District in particular) , the organization is officially registered in Palestine and in Jordan under registration numbers( HB/404/M – in Palestine , 497/1977- in Jordan).
- In the beginning, the work was opining of the Medical Center in down town Hebron with (Laboratory – Radiology dept. and specialized clinics). In 1988 (P.F.S) has started building Al Ahli Hospital, it was designed to cover (30.000 m2). The first four departments were opened in 1993 (Emergency, Internal Medicine, Gynecology & Obstetric and General Surgery department with about sixty beds).
- In addition, P.F.S. in Hebron Managed an Emergency department and five medical centers covering Hebron District. The emergency center was annexed to the hospital in 1995, and the five medical centers were given to local societies in the same year.
Today Al Ahli Hospital which was Built by donations from all over the world is the largest in Palestine, it is the main and only project that belongs to P.F.S. in Hebron, the hospital works with a capacity of (250) beds which will be (304) beds by finishing and expanding the remaining departments, this number of beds can easily rise to( 500 ) Beds in case of disasters or urgent needs .
The hospital deals with over (160,000) patients a year including about (28,000) admissions.
Patients Friends Society is works under the objectives::
- To raise the level of Health Services in the governorate of Hebron in Particular and in Palestine in general.
- To provide all medical services that lack in the region.
- The establishment of advanced specialized medical center to facilitate citizens to receive decent medical services.
- Introducing and developing all major medical Specialties and Subspecialties, and support medical services in the region.
- Providing high quality services with international standards to meet the Palestinian society needs and its expectations.